- Check your spelling
- Try more general keywords
- Replace abbreviations with the entire word
- Expand your search radius
Medical Scribe (Sonoma, CA Locations) - REF ID#SV-22-11
From $17 per hour
This season's new Hiring Round is Open for All Applicants! Positions are year-round, part-time, hours vary by location.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The medical scribe works within the medical environment assisting physicians or other providers with their nonclinical duties. The primary responsibility of the scribe is to extemporaneously transcribe the patient’s medical record for the physician. Scribes also assist the physician in retrieving old medical records, lab results, radiology results, making phone calls, relaying messages, and any other clerical operation that would assist the provider in his or her function. Scribes work varying shifts depending on the clinical setting, all times of the day and all days of the week.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the provider to each patient room in order to document the patients’ visits into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system including the HPI, ROS, PFSH, EXAM, and MDM (the SOAP notes)
- Provide ancillary clerical services to the providers
- Provide patient comfort measures as requested and permitted
- Attend monthly ScribeConnect Continuing Scribe Education (CSE) meetings
- Adhere to mandatory ScribeConnect and/or healthcare facility policies, as outlined with the Employee Handbook and facility guidelines
- Work shifts per week as scheduled, minimum 2 shifts per week
- Work in any other capacity as required by ScribeConnect or the contracting facility within reasonable parameters
- Scribes are not permitted to provide any clinical aide or have any patient contact
- Accuracy : Attention to detail and the highest level of accuracy builds trust and reliable outcomes.
- Balance : Commitment to an environment that encourages and supports the enjoyment of all aspects of life.
- Collaboration : Teamwork and open communication at every level creates synergy.
- Efficiency : Maximizing efficiency ensures program success and client satisfaction.
- Integrity : Commitment to live by a rock solid code of ethics and honesty.
- Reliability : Our providers count on us, we count on our employees, and our employees count on us.
- Service Excellence : Providing first-class service, 24/7, to meet each client's specific needs.
- Clear interest in pursuing a career in the clinical medical field
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older upon applying
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Works well in groups and in loud, stressful, and fast-paced environments
- High level of computer literacy
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Types > 60 wpm with high level of accuracy
- Fluent in a second language
- Completed at least 64 units at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university
- Have completed courses in Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology with a C or better
- Previous experience in/exposure to the medical field
- One letter of recommendation from most recent employer
- Commitment to working as a scribe for 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Entry Level
- Emergency Medicine
3 months ago